Martes, Setyembre 19, 2017

IN UNION WITH DIVINE LOVE
Day 118

Message from Padre Pio
When you fall, do not stay there prostrated in body and spirit. Humble yourself greatly but without being discouraged. Lower yourself without degrading yourself.

Reflection
When I am inclined to sin, am I more fearful of the social stigma when I am caught than of God's justice? If caught, am I more fearful of not gaining back my reputation, than of trying to gain God's mercy? If caught, am I more preoccupied with making excuses than going to sacramental Confession?

Scriptural Reading
Romans 8:14-17
For those who are led by the Spirit of God are children of God. For you did not receive a spirit of slavery to fall back into fear, but you received a spirit of adoption, through which we cry, Abba, "Father!" The Spirit itself bears witness with our spirit that we are children of God, and if children, then heirs, heirs of God and joint heirs with Christ, if only we suffer with him so that we may also be glorified with him.

Prayer
Father God, now I understand that humility recognizes your supremacy as well as your loving desire to fill me with what I have lost in disobedience. I need not lose hope and wallow in the mire of self-disintegration because I need not prop myself up. You are always there for me, to make me a precious child again and to lead me to your kingdom where you live forever and ever. Amen.

Walang komento:

Mag-post ng isang Komento