Huwebes, Agosto 10, 2017

IN UNION WITH DIVINE LOVE
Day 78

Message from Padre Pio
...everything passes, only God remains to the soul, if it knows how to love him well.

Reflection
Don't bigger cars mean more fuel? Larger houses mean more dirt to clean up? fancier gadgetry means less sacrifice expended and less satisfaction gained when accomplishing something? Doesn't modern entertainment mean more violent behavior to worry about? Is it not possible that we now have much more knowledge, but much less wisdom?

Scriptural Reading
Luke 18:28-30
Then Peter said, "We have given up our possessions and followed you." He said to them, "Amen, I say to you, there is no one who has given up house or wife or brothers or parents or children for the sake of the kingdom of God who will not receive [back] an overabundant return in this present age and eternal life in the age to come."

Prayer
Lord, all that I cherish today, all that inspires me, the loving touch of my family, the warmth of my friends, the comfort of my possessions, the pride in my achievements shall all soon pass–and only you will remain. Am I prepared for that time? Yes, I will try. Amen.

Walang komento:

Mag-post ng isang Komento